6 Tips to Prevent Flares of Eczema
What can you do to prevent flares of eczema during the summer months?
Here are some useful tips:
1. Maintain a cool and comfortable temperature indoors. The preferred temperature is about 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Avoid outdoor activities from 10 am to 2 pm, when the sun is most intense. Also, it is usually the hottest time of the day.
3. Drink plenty of cold water; stay cool under shade.
4. Wipe away any accumulation of sweat with gentle paper wipes or a towel. This prevents pooling of excess sweat, especially in the skin fold, such as the inner elbows and neck. Also, it clears off any chemicals deposited on the skin.
5. Consider using physical sunscreens with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide for UV protection.
6. Wash thoroughly with gentle soap and water immediately after swimming in a chlorinated pool. Remember to apply moisturizer over the whole body immediately after showering.
If you need to see a Dermatologist now, but an appointment isn’t available for MONTHS then give us a call. At DermDox Dermatology you don’t have to wait. IMMEDIATE APPOINTMENTS available and WALK-INS welcome. Call now - 570.459.0029