Travel Skincare Tips
1. Go barefaced the day of travel- Wearing makeup on a plane will clog your pores and allow bacteria to collect throughout the duration of your flight. Consider packing your moisturizer, toner, foundation and mascara in your carry-on, so you can touch up your face right before landing.
2. Stay ahead of travel dryness - Apply moisturizer before leaving for the airport, and again when you get on the plane. This will allow your skin to maintain its moisture and prevent it from overproducing oil that will eventually clog your pores. Bring along a moisture-boosting spray if you're feeling extra cautious.
3. Bring oil blotting cloths - These cloths are a traveler's skin savior. They're cheap and you can get them at basically any drugstore. Keep them with you at all times, and if you start to feel oily at any point, simply blot your skin with the cloth to help reduce the buildup of pore-clogging oil.
4. Avoid hot water - It is only natural to want to wash our face in the shower, however, this doesn’t
help your skin, especially the sensitive skin on our face. Depending on where you are in the world the water levels can be harsher than the water at home and can be more drying or contain different minerals. Make sure to wash with warm/cooler water to avoid harming the skin.
5. Avoid wiping your face dry - Try not to drag a towel across or down your face. Gravity is too real and all of that pulling can cause your skin to sag over time. Pat or dab it dry instead.