Before we head into the sunny summer months when families head to the beach, the pool or great outdoors, a new study is warning parents of the worst sunscreens on the market.
The new study by the Environmental Working Group claims almost three quarters of sunscreens
that are sold to consumers don’t work. The risk of getting skin cancer almost doubles without protection from sunscreen. The study researched 900 sunscreens and over 500 SPF-labeled moisturizers, measuring data such as UV-ray protection, toxic ingredients and other hazards.
According to the report, 73 percent of the products tested did not work as they were advertised. Here is the list of the 14 most dangerous sunscreens for children according to the Environmental Working Group.
1) Banana Boat Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 100
2) Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen Lotion SPF 100
3) Coppertone Foaming Lotion Sunscreen Kids Wacky Foam SPF 70
4) Coppertone Sunscreen Continuous Spray Kids SPF 70
5) Coppertone Sunscreen Lotion Kids SPF 70
6) Coppertone Sunscreen Lotion Water Babies SPF 70+
7) Coppertone Sunscreen Stick Kids SPF 55
8) Coppertone Sunscreen Stick Water Babies SPF 55
9) Coppertone Sunscreen Water Babies Foaming Lotion SPF 70
10) CVS Health Children’s Sunstick Sunscreen SPF 55
11) Equate Baby Sunscreen Lotion SPF 70
12) Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen SPF 60+
13) Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray SPF 70+
14) Up & Up Kids Sunscreen Sticks SPF 55
Nearly 2 million new cases of skin cancer are diagnosed each year in the US. Why take a chance... FREE Skin Cancer Screening throughout the month of June… Call us NOW to make your FREE appointment at our Hazleton, PA office – 570.459.0029